The Secret Chronicles of Baby #2

Mommy Blogging since 2004. I have a 1.5-year-old son, Big Boy #1, conceived and birthed naturally. I am trying to conceive Baby #2, but I don't want to tell anybody. Anybody but you.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Chemical Imbalance

When I got the office this morning the whole floor smelled like shit. Some crew is doing work on the sewer system for the building next door, and the odor has reached every corner of our office. Of course, I am already nauseous (big surprise), so I holed myself up into my little room and snorted Avon's Light and Lush Body Lotion to mask the smell. When I finally peeked my head out the door and sniffed the air, all I could smell was coffee.

So I poured myself some. It's caffeinated. Sue me.

My husband is all over me to not ingest things that are dangerous for the baby. (I keep forgetting that BB1 is not 'the baby' anymore.) For example, diet soda. Caffeinated drinks. Medications of any kind. He is way more paranoid than I am, and that's saying a lot. Now he doesn't want me to get my hair colored. I'm friggin' going gray here, people, and I work in Hollywood, where you are not allowed to go gray.

At least I will soon be able to tell people that I am pregnant, and that's why I look like a homeless person.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

1. With baby #1 I allowed myself one caffeinated beverage a week. With #2 it was one a day. 2. Diet soda with Splenda in it is OK- trust me, I had the gestational diabetes thing and this was doctor approved.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home